Just Neighbors: An Interactive Poverty Awareness Program
Shatter the myths about poverty, inspire service and empower advocacy!
America's increasing inequality leaves more and more families and individuals living in poverty. Low wage workers do not choose poverty.
Poverty forces families to choose...
...Buy shoes or food?
...Pay the rent or purchase medicine?
...See the doctor or fix the car?
The simulations, role plays, stories and videos in Just Neighbors will inspire your audience to want to help their neighbors help themselves.
Empower advocacy to change those policies that cause poverty.
Learn what it's like for children living in poverty!
Contact Family Promise (Annie Heart, 503-844-2919) to learn more about hosting a workshop on Just Neighbors. . .
- is a dynamic interactive program that allows you to walk in the shoes of the poor, experience their frustration, and learn how to help.
- helps you understand what it feels like to be poor in the midst of plenty.
- hear children tell what its like to live in poverty
- with compelling videos, poverty simulations, large and small discussion formats, role plays...
- explore the root causes of poverty and learn how to help!
- Just Neighbors offers "8 "Things You Can Do;" books you can read, and websites to visit.